So EASY and delicious!
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons Becki’s Jalapeno Cream Cheese Mediterranean Olive Salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Pepperjack or Aged Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onion, or cilantro leaves chopped for garnish
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
- Mix together softened Becki’s Jalapeno Cream Cheese Mediterranean Olive Salsa, and shredded pepperjack cheese.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into four portions. Roll and tuck in the freezer for 15 minutes while you prepare the chicken breast. This help to keep the delish cheesy center from melting completely out of the chicken while baking.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 thin equal size slices. Pound breast so it is about 1/4″ thick.
(If you don’t have a meat pounder, use a heavy can, but place in a plastic baggy first)
- Place the cold cheese mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
- Wrap 1 to 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with toothpick, if needed.
- One piece of bacon wrapped around each breast is (sort of) enough.
(I am pretty sure that I need 2 ).
- Place on baking sheet and back for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Broil topside for about 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon.
- Turn each breast over and broil for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.